Friday, July 17, 2015

WHEEL REPAIRS

I bought my Venco No.5 wheel new in 1999 from Pottery Supplies and have never had any issues with it. But, as it hasn't been used for so long, I phoned and asked them if there was anything I needed to be aware of before I started it up. They suggested that perished grommets would be one thing to look out for. So, I checked the grommets on my wheel, and they did look a bit shrunken, but I decided to take my chances. I ran the wheel for a few minutes while I polished the wheel head with silicone carbide paper, and upon finishing, found most of my grommets on the floor in small black piles beneath the pedal and wheel body.


Damn.

So, I ordered 4 small grommets, 4 large grommets, 2 o-rings, and 2 fibre washers.

I'm awaiting their delivery as I type.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment